Learn new caregiving skills!
Get paid when you complete training!
The Center for Caregiver Advancement is one of the training providers for California’s Career Pathways Program, a state-funded initiative to bring free training opportunities to the thousands of in-home caregivers in the state.
Our courses are designed to provide home care workers with essential caregiving skills such as medication safety, standard precautions, and effective communication, as well as specialized skills to address complex physical needs, cognitive impairments, and behavior health.
Get paid while you learn!
The program provides stipends to participants who complete classes. Aside from getting paid for your hours in class, you will be eligible for more financial incentives up to $2,000 when you register for multiple courses. Visit this page for more information about the incentives.
Jump to sections:
Instructor-led classes via Zoom
One of the hallmarks of a CCA training course is the interaction with our instructors and fellow caregivers. All the classes we offer for the Career Pathways Program is led by instructors and held live on Zoom. You will get the same quality instruction you receive when you participate in one of our multi-week training programs.
Classes are offered in the following languages:
Gain essential and specialized skills
CCA’s course catalog is designed to help you build strong foundational knowledge for each learning pathway. We recommend that you take the classes in order. For example, start with BHS101 Course 1, BHS101 Course 2, up through Course 6 in order to complete each pathway.
These are the courses and sections that CCA offers:
- BHS101 (1): Personal & Home Safety
- BHS101 (2):Provider and Consumer Communication
- BHS101 (3): Medication Safety
- BHS101 (4): Mandatory Reporting & Documentation
- BHS101 (5): Self Care
- BHS101 (6): OHSA Workplace Safety and Workplace Violence
- BHS 102 (1): Standard Precautions
- BHS102 (2):Infection Control
- BHS102 (3): Food Safety
- BHS102 (4): Blood Borne Pathogens
- BHS102 (5): CPR and AED
- BHS102 (6): Basic First Aid
- EP103 (1): Climate Change and its Connection to Care
- EP103 (2): Vulnerability, Disproportionate Impact, and Environmental Justice
- EP103 (3): Community Resilience and Emergency Planning
- EP103 (4): Protective Actions for Climate Related Emergencies
- EP103 (5): Responding to Climate Related Emergencies and Communication
- EP103 (6): Post-Climate Related Emergency Trauma
Alzheimer’s & Related Dementia
- CMHN301 (1): Role of the Caregiver
- CMHN301 (2): Introduction, Terminology & Stats
- CMHN301 (3): Common Behaviors and Sundowning
- CMHN301 (4): Sleep Changes and Hallucinations, Home Safety, Wandering
- CMHN301 (5): Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- CMHN301 (6): Nutrition and Physical Activity
How to register for CCA classes:
Click on the button above.
Create an account to register for classes.
View the course catalog and select the classes you want to join.
- To search for classes by language, go to the search bar on the upper right hand corner. Type the language and click on Find Course.
- To search for classes by topic, click on the “All Competencies” drop down menu to see the list of topics available.
How the Career Pathways Program works:
- Visit the CDSS Career Pathways Program website for information on eligibility, incentive payment procedures, and full course catalog.
- Register for classes through the Career Pathways Program’s course catalog. Or you can register directly here for the classes that we offer.
- When you complete a course, you will receive a certificate of completion. You will need this certificate to submit a claim for the financial incentive.
- You will be paid by CDSS for the time you spent attending training. Submit a claim through the CDSS Electronic Services Portal.
- Register for multiple courses! You will become eligible for additional incentive payments after completing a certain number of hours.