Free training for IHSS providers on how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from climate-related emergencies.
- Earn a $536 stipend upon graduating!
- Training begins mid July 2022
- Classes held online via Zoom, once a week for six weeks
This specialized training will expand caregivers’ skills in their roles as essential workers and first responders during emergencies and climate-driven disasters (extreme heat, wildfires, power outages, smoke and ozone pollution) as well as non-climate related disasters (earthquake, pandemics, and unsafe drinking water).
Caregivers will learn:
- Impact of climate change on caregivers and the people they care for
- Emergency planning (emergency kits, local resources)
- First aid and CPR/AED
- Evacuating and sheltering
- Emergency communication
- Stress management and disaster psychology
Space is limited. If you are interested in this free training, please answer the following questions to check your eligibility.
SUMMER 2022 CLASS SCHEDULE (VIA ZOOM)
- Class #3148: Every Wednesday (July 20 – August 31, 2022), 6-9:30pm
- Class #3149: Every Saturday (July 23 – September 3, 2022), 10am-1:30pm
- Class #3150: Every Thursday (July 21 – September 1, 2022), 6-9:30pm