We know that you are excited to begin your CPR training with the Center for Caregiver Advancement (CCA). Please find below the requirements to successfully complete the training and receive your CPR certification. Additionally, in order to conduct the training as safely as possible, we ask that you follow all CDC guidelines on social distancing.
CPR Training Requirements
- Complete the first part of the CPR training online via Zoom. It will be a 2-hour lecture held by your instructor within the two weeks following graduation. You will have the option of taking it during your regularly scheduled class time or choose any other class we are holding in your primary language.
- Submit and pass the CPR quiz with a score of 80% or better. Your instructor will send you a link to the CPR quiz after you have completed the online portion. You may take the quiz multiple times, but we want to ensure you are comfortable with the content.
- Sign up for an in-person skills session through a Google Form link provided by your instructor. Sessions will be available in a city nearest you and spots per session are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not attend a skills session if you did not sign up or if you did not complete the online portion. You will be asked to leave the session and will need to reschedule for a later date.
- Fill out the COVID questionnaire. Your instructor will ask you to fill out the questionnaire upon arrival to your in-person skills session. Temperature checks will also be conducted on-site. If your temperature is at or higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit AND you answer “yes” to at least two symptoms listed on the questionnaire, you will be asked to leave the session and reschedule for a later date. According to the CDC Guidance on “Symptoms of Coronavirus”, the term “symptomatic” include people who have the following symptoms or combination of symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or at least two of the following symptoms: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
NOTE: Please stay home if any of the following apply to you:
- You are ill
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Showed COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days
- Been in close contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19 or showed COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days
- Proper masks, according to CDC guidelines, must be worn at all times while you are in the skills session. You will be asked to leave the session if you do not comply with the mask requirement.
- Please remain at least 6 feet apart from another person at all times, including classmates and CCA staff members.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support. Let’s help each other stay safe!