CCA, through the SEIU 2015 Education Fund, is offering a FREE Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) to those who want to take the first step toward a nursing career.
The Registered Apprenticeship Program includes nurse assistant training (160 hours of theory and clinical instruction) and prepares participants for the state certification exam. The apprenticeship program also offers robust support services and financial incentives to help participants complete all program requirements.
A CNA’s role typically involves assisting patients with activities of daily living, such as basic tasks that include bathing, grooming, toileting, eating, and moving.
- Paid tuition and out of pocket costs
- Paid classroom training time
Participants are hired as apprentices in a nursing aide position and earn wages while they train and prepare for the state exam.
Participants can receive the following stipends:
- up to $400 for groceries
- up to $100 for transportation
- up to $1,600 for child care expense reimbursement
Support services include weekly check-ins with an experienced CNA mentor
- Ongoing Support and Case Management
The Education Fund along with the union and employer representatives will support the participants to help them complete all program requirements.
- Recognized Credential
Apprentices gain a nationally recognized credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon program completion.
- Retention Bonus
Up to $300 after working as a CNA for 2 months, 4 months and 6 months (each retention bonus is $100).
To participate in the Registered Apprenticeship Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a High School Diploma, Equivalency (GED® and HiSET®), or pass an assessment
- Have an original government-issued photo ID and original non-laminated Social Security Card
- Be proficient in English (minimum 6th grade level), Math (minimum 6th grade level), and Digital Literacy (basic skill level)
- Complete an Education and Career Action Plan (ECAP) with an Ed Fund representative
- Complete and sign all required program and grant forms by required deadlines
You will need to also complete the following:
- Flu clearance (if necessary)
- TB Clearance (may include Chest X-Ray)
- COVID-19 Vaccine and appropriate boosters
- Other required immunizations
- Successfully pass a required Live Scan/Criminal Screening Background Test