Do you want to take the next step in your nursing career?
We offer free training for eligible CNAs to earn their LVN certification.
Our FREE LVN Registered Apprenticeship Program helps eligible participants advance in their career. The Education Fund also offers robust wrap-around support services and financial incentives to help you successfully complete all program requirements.
An LVN’s role typically involves caring for patients with medication administration via PO (to be taken by mouth), injections and rectally, nebulizer treatment, blood sugar maintenance, wound care, charting, communicating with doctors, following orders, evaluating lab work, collecting specimens, injections, GTube (gastrostomy tube) feeding, colostomy bags, foley insertion and irrigation, oxygen maintenance, vital signs, emotional support, articulating report and receiving report, observing for change of condition, following care plans, CPR, and activities of daily living.
Class Mode: In-Person
Length: Minimum of 1,539 hours of instruction (up to 13 months), including theory and clinical instruction
Receive a Nationally Recognized Credential
- Apprentices gain a nationally recognized credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completing all program requirements.
- Vocational Nurse completion and graduation allows participants to take the National Council Licensure Examination(NCLEX).
- High school diploma, equivalency, or GED
- An active CNA certification
- A recommendation letter (no disciplinary marks on your record, attendance issues, tardiness, call outs or write-ups)
- Have an original government-issued photo ID and original non-laminated Social Security card
- US citizen
- Be a minimum of 18 years
- Able to pass a background check (no felony record)
- Able to pass an extensive drug screen including THC (marijuana)
- Able to pass a health exam: physical and immunizations (varies by school)
- Covid vaccination (initial vaccination and boosters)
- Able to pass intellectual assessment exam: Wonderlic SLE, HESI, TEAS
- Pass the interview with the Education Fund representative and provide a written essay
- Complete and sign all program and grant-related forms
- ONLY available to workers from nursing homes contributing at 1% of gross pay into the fund
- Employed as a part-time or full-time CNA for a minimum of 12 months at the eligible facility contributing at 1% of gross pay
Wrap-Around Services: Stipends, Case Management, Mentorship, Support
- Paid tuition and out-of-pocket expenses
- Paid classroom training time up to 400 hours per student
- $100 Monthly Grocery Stipend for up to 12 months
- $100 Monthly Transportation Stipend for up to 12 months
- $100 Monthly Child Care Expense Reimbursement Stipend for 12 months (receipts required)
- Bi -weekly mentorship check-ins with an experienced LVN mentor
- Case management – Financial aid coaching, Essay Coaching, assessment exams preparation, interview preparation, Education & Career Action Plan, etc.
- A great support system to help you succeed throughout the program
- The Education Fund, along with union and employer representatives, will support you to help you complete all program requirements.
If you believe you meet the above qualifications, fill out the interest form below and the LVN Coordinator will contact you!
SPACE IS LIMITED!