**CURRENTLY SERVING L.A. COUNTY ONLY!**
Free training for IHSS providers on how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from climate-related emergencies.
- Earn a $536 stipend upon graduating!
- Training begins mid October 2022
- Classes held online via Zoom, once a week for six weeks
This specialized training will expand caregivers’ skills in their roles as essential workers and first responders during emergencies and climate-driven disasters (extreme heat, wildfires, power outages, smoke and ozone pollution) as well as non-climate related disasters (earthquake, pandemics, and unsafe drinking water).
Caregivers will learn:
- Impact of climate change on caregivers and the people they care for
- Emergency planning (emergency kits, local resources)
- First aid and CPR/AED
- Evacuating and sheltering
- Emergency communication
- Stress management and disaster psychology
Space is limited. If you are interested in this free training, please answer the following questions to check your eligibility.
SUMMER 2022 CLASS SCHEDULE (VIA ZOOM)
- Class #3242: Every Tuesday (October 4 – November 15, 2022), 6-9:30pm
- Class #3243: Every Wednesday (October 5 – November 16, 2022), 9am-12:30pm
- Class #3240: Every Thursday (October 6 – November 17, 2022), 6-9:30pm