This course is designed for Registered Nurses or LVNs seeking to advance to the Director of Staff Development (DSD) position at a skilled nursing facility.
Format: Online membership
Length: 3 days (8 hours per day)
Eligibility: Eligible students must be current SEIU Local 2015 nursing home members working at a facility that is actively contributing into the Education Fund. To qualify as a DSD, the candidate must be an RN or LVN and satisfy one of the following:
- Option 1: Have one year experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility, in addition to having one year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating education programs in nursing (for a total of two years).
- Option 2: Have two years full-time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one that must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility.
Wrap-Around Services: Support with enrollment and ongoing case management
Cost to Student: None
Here’s what you’ll learn:
This certification covers the following topics:
- Characteristics of the Adult Learner
- Elements of an Instructional Objective
- CNA Training requirements in Long-term Care Facilities
- Instructional methods for Preparing and Presenting Lesson Plans
- Teacher behaviors that affect Student Classroom Interaction
If you believe you meet the above qualifications, fill out the interest form below!
SPACE IS LIMITED!