This training teaches food handlers food safety principles.
The certificate is required for all food employees who are involved in the preparation, storage, or service of food in a facility.
Format: Online, self-paced, and mobile-phone friendly
Length: Approximately 90 minutes including the exam
Languages: Available in 9 Languages (English, Spanish, Mandarin, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, American Sign Language, Tagalog, Serb-Croatian)
Eligibility: Eligible students must be current SEIU Local 2015 nursing home members working at a facility that is actively contributing into the Education Fund.
Wrap-Around Services: Support with enrollment and ongoing case management
Cost to Student: None
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Basic Food Safety
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross-Contamination & Allergens
- Recognize how food can cause illness or allergic reactions.
- Prevent contamination of food and food-contact surfaces with the hands and body.
- Identify which symptoms or illnesses must be reported to a manager.
- Use time and temperature control throughout the flow of food.
- Maintain a clean environment for food preparation and service.
If you believe you meet the above qualifications, fill out the interest form below!
SPACE IS LIMITED!